Thursday, August 26, 2010

HULK SMASH KEYBOARD!

I know this is not at all gaming or internet news related, but I have to share this story of what happened last night at work.

I work at a retail store here in Florida (I won't name the store) and last night, I was closing with my manager, who we will call "Manager Awesome," and it had already been a long day full of crap customers who don't seem to want to  stop being massive idiots who cannot seem to keep their thoughts straight, or their annoying mouths shut.

At this point (around 5:30PM, I'd started shift at 1PM) a man, we'll call him "Hulk," came in holding a keyboard tucked under his arm and walked directly up to my manager, and thrust the keyboard into my managers hands.

"Thanks," my manager said, looking more than a little confused, "I'm not sure why you gave me a gift, but hey."

"I'd like you to exchange it," Hulk said.

"Do you have a receipt?"

"No," Hulk replied, "but I do have the warranty that your sales guy sold me."

"Well," Manager Awesome replied, "there's a phone number on the back that you're supposed to call if the keyboard's not working."

SMASH! Hulk, in an overreaction to top all other overreactions, spiked the keyboard on the floor as if it were a football and he'd just scored the game-winning touchdown. The Escape key landed on the desk I was working behind, about 10 yards away.

"I WANT MY [bleep!]ING KEYBOARD! I SPENT MY HARD EARNED [bleep!]ING MONEY ON YOUR [bleep!]ING PLAN JUST SO I COULD [bleep!]ING AVOID THIS [bleep!]ING [bleep!]!"

Manager Awesome looked at the man and calmly replied, "I'm sorry, sir, but I'm sure we can resolve this if you'll just calm down.

Five minutes of Hulk screaming and shouting, turning beet red in the face in the exertion, and Manager Awesome finally told him...

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY STORE!" 

The entire world where I work stopped.

If we thought that Hulk was shouting loudly, Manager Awesome was cranked up to 11. And finally, Hulk left the store. 


A few moments later, I walked up to Manager Awesome, handed him the Escape key and said, "Here. You need some Escape."

Moral of the Story: Even if you think you're the Incredible Hulk, and you smash a keyboard and throw a temper tantrum trying to get your way... Manager Awesome will still tell you to piss off.

I've also posted a fun picture of the aftermath of the poor, blameless, innocent keyboard.

Please, folks. Don't abuse your keyboards.
They're innocent.

2 comments:

Kater69 said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is phenomenal! What a douche bag. People don't understand that there aren't a lot that salesmen can do in a situation like that. You have to go through the proper channels to get things done. Pissing off a store employee doesn't do anything. Think about it for a second: When you've been working hard, do you want some jackass yelling in your ear about a situation that you can't fix? Give a little here, people. It'll make things a lot better, and save you a coronary.

Unknown said...

Hilarious yes. The guy should have read the damned warranty thing. And while overreacting, I can kind of understand the frustration...Hell I think we all can. There have been plenty of situations that I've just wanted to...well, we will say freak out on.
There are a lot of great salespeople that get dumped on, and a lot of bad ones that don't. I think there's a general level of frustration over everything and people just unleash at any time.
Look at that deeeeeelightful flight attendant. People are snapping more.
I almost Hulked my dog the other day because he escaped from the yard. The dog running at large ticket I accept. I mean less than a half a block to the end of the alley and a cop opened his car door and let him in the car... But the 85 bucks for the microchipping? When he had his tags on??? Well what the shit did I pay for the tags for? They called me...so he was identifiable. So yeah, I understand the frustration there a bit.
It's all a matter of letting loose at the right time.