Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gaming Insights Games: Barren Labyrinth

Hello readers!


It appears I have an announcement to make. With the founding of this blog, I've decided to start my own actual gaming company: Gaming Insights Games. I've been giving this a lot of thought, especially since I've finished my Senior Project, and created my own game: Barren Labyrinth.


I'm pretty pumped with this! If you want to give it a try, I'll post a link.


Barren Labyrinth

EDIT:


Due to commented requests, I'm including a few screenshots, and an overview of Barren Labyrinth.


Overview:


As Barren Labyrinth was a project for my senior year, and I only had six weeks to develop it, it is a very simple game. You are the "Hero," and your job is to thwart the plans of Madron the Mad by solving the Barren Labyrinth, solve each of Madron's riddles, and take all of Madron's scattered fortune in the labyrinthine tunnels so that he cannot fund any further schemes. 


The object of the game is simply to collect all of the gems and crosses scattered around the labyrinth and get the highest score possible. Scattered Gems are worth 100 points, Gold Crosses are 300, and Massive Diamonds are 500. Each riddle correctly answered is worth 1000.


The game was created using Game Maker 8 over the course of 6 weeks.


I've attached a couple of screenshots below that show the main menu and some gameplay.


Screenshots
Main Title Screen

First Floor


6 comments:

Dalaena said...

Hey, Paul! Congrats! Can you give us an overview on the game or any shots before we download it?

Michael said...

Good luck Paul!

Fatt B said...

I have restored the faith of the people of Gromar .... Yes I know, I'm the shiz. Good job Paul. =o)

Unknown said...

Thanks, everyone. Appreciate the positive feedback. :)

Barry Oliver said...

I'm a Hero :)

Only thing that could be tweaked was how the character kept getting stuck on invisible walls (My character sprite was not touching but couldn't move.), But that is an issue with using GameMaker 8 I know.

More riddles and enemies to dodge and avoid, and I think you may be on to something here :), Can't wait to play anything else you put out!

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, that was kind of an issue with the height of the character. I should've made him a little shorter, but it was difficult considering he was already so tiny.