Monday, September 6, 2010

An Open Letter to Nintendo

Dear Nintendo,

3D for a handheld system, Nintendo? Really?

In case you haven't had your head in the gaming news realm, Nintendo has announced and made prototypes for their new 3DS, a handheld 3D gaming system. While this isn't nearly as bad as celluloid abortions that are known as 3D Movies, it's still annoying to me that this 3D trend doesn't seem to want to go away.

As the warning shows in the above link, the 3D does NOT show up in the YouTube link, but you can actually see the sort of color distortion that's visible within the video itself.

Since I haven't played the system, and haven't really seen it in action, I'll reserve full judgement. But at the same time, I'm still exceedingly hesitant to take a look at a system that will likely have just about all of the annoyances of 3D on the big screen, just that it'll be minus the glasses.

As I've said in my previous post, 3D has given me personally a great deal of headache. Not only myself, but there are a few links in there that denote that I'm not the only one who has problems with 3D.

I just find that this 3D trend is an abomination on good taste and it'll just lead to more and more bull that will reaffirm this 3D trend.

I just can't wait until it dies again. Judging by the list that I'd linked to on my last post, it should only be another... ten years...

Damn.

Sincerely,
-Paul Clewell

P.S. KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE STUPID GIMMICKS ALREADY. GIVE US NORMAL CONTROLS. (This might be cause for another letter...)

No comments: