Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Holy Lord Do I Have A Gripe

And this personal gripe is with the sheer amount of ads that have been cropping up lately using Adobe's Flash Player 10. It isn't really the ads themselves that I have issue with, I can accept the fact that they're there, and that I can just as easily ignore them as I can click on them (which, let's face it, who's going to do that?)


No, the problem here, is the fact that they eat system resources as if they were candy coated candy dipped in even more candy, topped with powdered sugar. 


I watched a few videos over at cinemassacre.com (James Rolfe is a genius) and when certain ads popped up on the screen (the specific set of circumstances being that two Sprint ads popped up at the exact same time) my system resources when watching the video went from somewhere around 4%, which is the norm when I just have Chrome open, to somewhere between 75 and 80%. 


This is outrageous.


I cannot believe that Adobe's programming (or perhaps it's Sprint's) would be so atrocious that it would absolutely suck up my system's resources so horribly that it would go from nearly unused, to nearly full in the span of a mouse-click.


Is anyone else having this issue at all with any sort of Adobe product? I've seen a bug report regarding such (specifically this one: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-806) if you're a part of the Adobe forums, please vote for this bug to be fixed. 


I know I can't be the only one who's really pissed about this.

No comments: